Awhile back I was talking about something I missed out on. In case you think I was joking, I wasn’t. I had been looking into a particular stock.
See, I was thinking about something one day and I started to do a bit of research and found there was a company that was doing what I had been thinking about. So, I looked into the company further, checked out their website, read some articles and was trying to buy some of their stock. I figured it was a growth area and down the road the company would be well-positioned in its market.
The only problem for me was that it was traded on a foreign exchange and the brokerage firm I have my retirement stuff with doesn’t trade on any foreign exchanges. The stock was a little pricey but, I was tracking it for a few months. It had been around $60 per share in December and had gone up around $85. I was waiting for a little market correction to bring it down a little and then would figure out a way to get it. But, it wasn’t an easy thing because to do so would have meant opening up a new trading account that at the time seemed a bit more trouble than it was worth.
Take a look at the chart above. Yep, that’s the stock. If I had gone out and say just bought 100 shares I would be having a really big smile on my face right about now and not worrying about what happened over the rest of the year. In the meantime, I’ve got my eye on two other things that I just picked up and have my fingers crossed. You don’t see charts like that all that often.
No comments:
Post a Comment